Avocados are a Whole30 kitchen staple.
From serving as a perfect side with your eggs at breakfast, to topping your beanless chili at dinner, it’s fun finding new ways to incorporate everyone’s favorite healthy fat into your Whole30.
Combat food boredom and get creative in the kitchen with these delicious Whole30 compliant avocado dressings!
Recommended Whole30 Compliant Avocado Dressing Brands
Finding compliant dressings and condiments used to be hard, but luckily there are new Whole30 approved and compliant products popping up on shelves all the time.
Here are some of top Whole30 avocado based and avocado oil dressings.
- Primal Kitchen Green Goddess Avocado Oil Dressing & Marinade (Major Retailers)
- Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch Dressing (Fresh Thyme and Earth Fare)
- Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Vinaigrette with Avocado Oil (Major Retailers)
How to use Avocado Dressing on Whole30
There’s so many delicious ways to spice up your meal with avocado dressings!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add a new flavor level to your salads.
- Marinate shrimp for a fresh lunch option.
- Creamy dips for veggies and fruit.
- Special sauce for grilled chicken or steaks.
What to Look For In A Compliant Avocado Dressing
With all the popularity surrounding avocados these day, you would think there would be more options to choose from. However, it can be difficult to find Whole30 compliant dressing directly on the shelves.
Luckily, there are new brands popping up all the time! When you’re shopping for Whole30 compliant avocado dressings, here’s what to look for to make sure you’re selecting a compliant brand:
- Look for avocado oil as a primary ingredient
- Dairy-free (you’ll often see this advertised on the label)
- No added sugar.This will sometimes be advertised on the front label but – as always – make sure to check the ingredient list and keep an eye out for those pesky sugars!
There are many avocado-based dressing on the market that at first glimpse may appear to be compliant, but the label will tell the real story!
When label-reading, watching out for the following ingredients:
- Canola or Soybean Oil
- Sulfate (sulfur dioxide, sodium bisulfite, potassium metabisulfite, soy lecithin)
DIY Whole30 Avocado Dressing Recipes
The best part of avocado dressing is that it’s so easy to make at home!
By adding a few small ingredients you can create a range of flavors of dressing to diverse and delicious sauces.
For a simple Whole30 avocado dressing, just add peeled clove of garlic, avocado, lime or lemon juice, water, avocado oil, salt, and pepper to your food processor and boom – you’ve got avocado salad dressing!
Looking for something with a little kick? Try this spicy Aji Verde Avocado sauce that’s amazing with chicken and plantains.
Any other ideas for making avocado dressing magic? Share your avocado dressing ideas – as well as any other favorite brands of compliant Whole30 Avocado Dressings in our comments!