Trader Joe’s is a favorite shopping spot of Whole30 fans. Why? It’s a grocery store packed with organic, all-natural foods, and often at a much cheaper price compared to health store competitors like Whole Foods.
For most Whole30-ers, if there’s a Trader Joe’s within a 40 mile radius, they’ll make sure to make a stop! With the wonder of Trader Joe’s in mind, we’ve made this list of our Trader Joe’s Whole30 must haves!
Our Favorite Trader Joe’s Whole30 Picks
Of course that’s not all – below is our extended list of Whole30-must-haves.
Please note that we haven’t tried all these items ourselves. This list is a compilation of our personal Trader Joe’s favorites, plus items we’ve seen advocated for on other Whole30 websites.
(*) The star means this item is a Whole30 fan favorite!
As always, please read ingredient labels before throwing anything in your basket! While these are all compliant items, to the best of our knowledge, at the time of creating this list, ingredients are changed from time to time. If you find an item on this list that is not compliant, let us know so we can update it!
Trader Joe’s Oils, Butters, Sauces, Etc
- TJ’s Crunch (Or Smootth) Almond Butter
- TJ’s Clarified Butter (aka ghee)
- TJ’s Organic Tahini Sauce
- TJ’s Organic Coconut Milk
- TJ’s Light Coconut Milk
- TJ’s Avocado Oil
- TJ’s Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- TJ’s Horseradish
- TJ’s Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- TJ’s Sauerkraut With Pickled Persian Cucumbers
- Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- Sunbutter Sunflower Seed Butter
TJ’s Roasted Plantain Chips *(all types of chips are no longer allowed on Whole30)
- TJ’s Seaweed Chips
- TJ’s New Zealand Apple Rings *
- TJ’s Freeze Dried Banana Slices
- TJ’s Pineapple Slices
- TJ’s Freeze Dried Blueberries
- TJ’s Sliced Prosciutto
- TJ’s Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
- TJ’s Grass Fed Beef Sirloin Roast, Fully Cooked & Sliced
- TJ’s Uncooked Ground Buffalo Burgers
- TJ’s Turkey Burgers
- TJ’s Uncooked Grass Fed Angus Beef Burgers
- TJ’s Grass Fed Angus Beef Strip Loin Steak
- TJ’s Rack of Lamb With Herbs
- TJ’s Salsa (Authentic & Verde)
- TJ’s Ground Turkey
- TJ’s Fully Cooked Pork Belly (produce, near bacon) – said to satify bacon cravings and is much cheaper than compliant Whole30 bacon. Cut to desired thickness & fry. Render and save fat for cooking.
- TJ’s Seafood Blend (frozen mix of shrimp, scallops, and calamari)
- Wild Sockeye Smoked Salmon
- Trade Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burgers
- Applegate Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- TJ’s Dry Roasted & Unsalted Oregon Hazelnuts
- TJ’s Almonds
Veggies & Fruit
- TJ’s Organic Broccoli Slaw
- TJ’s Cruciferous Crunch (blend of shredded broccoli, red cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts)
- TJ’s Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix (produce section)
- TJ’s Heirloom Carrots
- TJ’s Frozen Pineapple (for smoothies)
- Medjool Dates
- TJ’s Chunky Spicy Guacamole
- TJ’s Fresh & Cut Butternut Squash
- TJ’s Riced Cauliflower
- TJ’s Shredded Carrots
- TJ’s Shredded Brussel Sprouts
Stock Up Items
- TJ’s Tomato Sauce
- TJ’s Mashed Sweet Potatoes (frozen)
- TJ’s Yellow & Red Peppers
General & Other Items
What to generally look for at Trader Joe’s.
- Chopped veggies & veggie mixes
- Dried fruit
- Nuts & trail mixes
- Fresh & frozen meats & fish
Have anything you want to add to this list? Share your favorite Whole30 Trader Joe’s top picks in the comments!