BBQ sauce is a tasty, easy way to add some flavor to meat. But where can you find Whole30 BBQ sauce that’s compliant?
We’re sharing recommended sources of Whole30 compliant BBQ sauce, as well as recipes you can use to make your own BBQ sauce at home!
1. The New Primal BBQ Sauce
New Primal BBQ sauce is another officially Whole30-recommended brand, with several BBQ variations to choose from!
- Whole30 Approved Classic BBQ Sauce (Available on Amazon | Thrive Market | New Primal)
- Whole30 Approved Mustard BBQ Sauce (Available on Amazon | Thrive Market | New Primal)
2. Good For Food BBQ Sauce
- Good For Food Classic BBQ Sauce (Ingredients: Water, Organic tomato paste (made from fresh ripe tomatoes), Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Date Paste, Organic Onion powder, Organic Spices (Contains Mustard), Sea salt, Organic Garlic powder)
- Good For Good Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce (Ingredients: Water, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic tomato paste (made from fresh ripe tomatoes), Organic Date Paste, Organic Onion powder, Sea salt, Organic Spices (Contains Mustard), Organic Garlic powder)
3. Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce
- Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce (Available on Amazon | Thrive Market)
- Primal Kitchen BBQ Ranch (Available on Thrive Market)
- Primal Kitchen Golden BBQ Sauce (Available in Primal Kitchen Sauce Pack on Amazon | Thrive Market)
4. Tessemae’s Whole30 BBQ Sauce
Tessemae’s is a popular brand for Whole30 compliant goods – in fact, they offer a complete Whole30 condiment pack that’s great for those looking for quick & easy dressings and sauces for Whole30. Their BBQ sauce is no exception!
- Tessemae’s Whole30 BBQ Sauce (Ingredients: Organic Date Puree (Water, Organic Dates, Organic Lemon Juice), Organic Tomato Puree (Organic Tomatoes, Salt), Organic Balsamic Vinegar, Filtered Water, Organic Mustard (Organic Vinegar, Water, Organic Mustard Seed, Sea Salt, Organic Turmeric, Organic Spices), Sea Salt, Organic Coconut Aminos, Organic Spices, Organic Onion Powder, Organic Garlic Powder.’
Whole30 BBQ Sauce Recipe to Make at Home
Would you rather take the DIY route? No problem! There are plenty of Whole30 BBQ sauce recipes from paleo chefs across the web.
Our favorite has to be this great Whole30 BBQ sauce recipe from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy!
This recipe uses:
- tomato paste
- diced tomatoes
- bone broth / water
- coconut vinegar / apple cider vinegar
- garlic, onion, & chili powder
- yellow mustard
- coconut oil
- red pepper flakes
- smoked paprika
For the full recipe instructions and details, visit the Whole & Paleo Friendly BBQ Sauce form Jay’s Baking Me Crazy!
We also suggest checking out Whole30 bbq sauce recipes from:
You really can’t go wrong with any of these recipes!
Whole30 BBQ Sauce FAQs
Can you eat BBQ sauce on Whole30?
Do you have any of your own Whole39 compliant bbq sauce recipes or recommended brands you want to share? Tell us in the comments!