Water flossers are becoming increasingly popular for individuals who want to maintain oral and dental healthy. Water flossers are great compliments to a regular flossing regime and are hugely beneficial for removing plaque and promoting healthy gums.
However, with so many consumer water flossers on the market today, it’s important to know which are the best water flossers in 2017.
We’re reviewing five of the most popular, top rated water flossers. Here are our water flosser 2016 reviews, starting with a quick list below. Continue scrolling down for more detailed reviews.
|Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser Professional For Teeth, Gums, Braces, Dental Care, Electric Power...||117,193 Reviews||$99.99 $76.07||Buy on Amazon|
|Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids, Countertop Water Flosser for Children and Braces, WP-260, Green||3,898 Reviews||$59.99 $39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Waterpik Cordless Professional Water Flosser and Nano Sonic Toothbrush, WP-440||644 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Oral Breeze ShowerBreeze | Waterpik Flosser for Teeth, Gums, Braces | Water Jet Dental Irrigator |...||3,392 Reviews||$45.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Philips Sonicare HX8211/02 Airfloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser||1,049 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
1. Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser
- ADVANCED WATER FLOSSING: Aquarius is a performance water flosser model featuring enhanced pressure with 10 settings for a custom clean, massage mode for gum stimulation, plus a built-in timer/pacer pauses briefly at 30 secs and 1 min to help track flossing time.
- HIGH VOLUME RESERVOIR AND SLIM HANDLE: Holds 22 ounces for 90 seconds of use, no refilling required. Small maneuverable handle makes it easy to floss all areas including back teeth and includes a convenient water on/off switch.
- DENTIST RECOMMENDED: 9 in 10 dental professionals recommend the Waterpik brand. Waterpik is clinically proven and the first water flosser brand to earn the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance.
- KEY FEATURES: 7 tips for multiple family members and needs, 10 pressure settings (10-100 PSI), removable 22 oz reservoir (top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning), 90 secs of flossing time, 360 tip rotation, 120VAC/60Hz for use in North America only.
- EASY AND EFFECTIVE: The Waterpik Aquarius water flosser removes up to 99.9 percent of plaque and is up to 50 percent more effective than dental floss for improving gum health. Just fill the reservoir with warm water, place the tip in your mouth, and start flossing.
- On/Off Control on Handle. This Waterpik has an on/off water control adjustment button on the handle of the unit for easier use.
- 2 Modes. This unit has two water flossing modes, letting you choose from floss or massage.
- 7 Water Flosser Tips. Comes with 7 water flosser tips, with different tips for those using a water flosser for braces, implants, and other unique tips designed for specific needs.
- Various Pressure Settings. Pressure settings let you change the pressure of the Waterpik to a comfortable pressure level for you and your gums.
- US Voltage. The voltage is for US only (120V, 60Hz).
- Warranty. This Waterpik comes with a 3 year warranty.
- Small Footprint. This unit’s footprint is fairly small at 4 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. This means that this unit will take up a small amount of countertop space in your bathroom compared to other units.
- Easy Timer. Unit uses 1-minute pause timer and 30-second pacer to make sure that you water floss for the recommended amount of time and prevents you from accidentally stopping too soon.
The timer and small footprint are two major benefits of this Waterpik unit over others.
While many enjoy the lightweight setup of the Waterpik Aquarius unit, some feel that the lightweight nature of this unit makes it feel less reliable and substantial.
Some customers who have bought several units over the years also feel that the Waterpik Aquarius isn’t as ergonomically friendly as past models. However, the older model, Waterpik Ultra, is outdated and not readily available for purchase (you can buy it on Amazon, but only from 3rd party sellers, making it the same price as the newer model).
We suggest sticking with the latest Waterpik Aquarius unit, for warranty trust and quality.
2. Waterpik Water Flosser For Kids
- CHILDREN’S WATER FLOSSER: Kids will want to floss when you give them the Waterpik Kids' Water Flosser featuring a small and simple design - perfect for kids who have braces or trouble flossing
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE: The Waterpik countertop Water Flosser for Kids features an extra safe electrical design for kids ages 6 plus; it removes up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas and is up to 50% more effective than floss for improving gum health; ideal for braces and other orthodontic appliances
- TESTED & TRUSTED: Clinically proven - when used in conjunction with proper brushing, this Flosser for kids has been shown to be up to 3 times as effective as brushing and using traditional string floss and up to 5 times as effective as brushing alone
- INCLUDES: The Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids comes with 1 Orthodontic Tip for Braces, 1 Classic Jet Tip for general cleaning, 3 pressure settings, 20 fun removable cling labels for kids to decorate their Flosser, and is global voltage compatible (100 – 240vAC), capacity 15 ounces
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Waterpik’s Fort Collins, Colorado support team is available to help with any product questions or needs
- Designed For Children. This Waterpik water flosser is designed especially for kids ages 6-12. It uses a kid-proof electrical design to keep children safe while using it.
- 3 Pressure Settings. Contains three different water pressure settings.
- 2 Year Warranty. Comes with two year warranty.
- Fingertip Controls. Easy fingertip controls on the on/off switch for accessible pressure control.
- Fun Decals. Comes with 20 cling decals that kids can use to decorate their Waterpik.
The main difference between this Waterpik for kids unit and the adult version is the unit’s size and number of attachments, with the child unit being considerably smaller and coming with only 2 attachments, as opposed to the adult unit’s seven.
The Waterpik for Kids version has a smaller footprint and takes up less space on a bathroom countertop.
Since most buyers don’t care much for the attachments, many actually prefer the Waterpik for Kids unit since it takes up less space.
Since this Waterpik for Kids unit is smaller, this also means that it holds less water. This unit needs to frequently be refilled with water, which may annoy some individuals. Some people also report that the Waterpik for Kids unit is flimsier and less sturdy than the adult model.
3. Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser With Toothbrush
- The Easy and More Effective Way to Floss!
- Healthier Gums and Brighter Teeth in Just a Minute a Day!
- Advanced Ergonomic Design with Dual Pressure Control
- Nano Sonic Toothbrush, 4 Water Flossing Tips, and 45 Seconds of Water Capacity
- Compatible with 120VAC/60Hz Outlets, For use in North America only. Any warranty will be voided through the sale and use of the product outside North America. Shipment outside of North America is prohibited by Waterpik
- Comes With Sonic Toothbush. This water flosser includes a Nano-Sonic Toothbrush with AAA battery included.
- North America Only. This unit is compatible with a 120VAC/60Hz outlet and is for use in North America only.
- Very Portable. This battery-powered water flosser unit is rechargeable and portable, making it great for small bathrooms and traveling.
- 4 Different Tips. This water flosser model comes with 2 Classic Jet Tips, 1 Plaque Seeker Tip, and 1 Orthodontic Tip.
- 2 Speeds. Choose between two different speeds, allowing you to select the water pressure level that works best for your gums.
Note: There is also a similar version of this unit that is not cordless and is larger – the Waterpik Complete Care set.
This unit is well received due to its easy of use, portability, and lightweight design. While other units are bulky, large, and take up countertop space, this model is a smaller size where it can easily be positioned in bathrooms and can be used for travel as well.
Some buyers have reported this model to be a bit messy, as some users have had water running down their arms when using this Waterpik.
Another issue to consider with this water flosser model (and is the case with all smaller, portable water flossers) is that with this unit, you must constantly refill the water reservoir since it only holds about 45 seconds worth of water in the tank.
Some also find this unit to not be as powerful and not use a strong enough water pressure.
4. ShowerBreeze Water Jet Dental Irrigator
- Prevention Focused: Helps prevent halitosis, gingivitis and periodontal disease as part of a complete dental plan.
- End Gum Disease: Stop bleeding gums, gingivitis, and periodontitis.
- Convenient: No mess to clean up, no risk of bacterial growth, no hard chemicals, and no loud electric motors.
- High-Quality Materials: Made of chrome plated brass - not plastic.
- Made in the USA: Made by a Veteran Owned and Operated Company.
- Easy & Convenient. This unit’s attachment to a shower head makes it very convenient to use.
- Save Space. While most Waterpiks take up bathroom counter space, the ShowerBreeze attaches to your shower head, leaving your bathroom counter free and open.
- Attach to Any Shower Head. The ShowerBreeze is designed to hook in to the vast majority of shower heads.
- Solid Construction. The ShowerBreeze is made of solid, durable chrome-plated brass.
- Water Pressure Control. Change water pressure for varied pressure settings depending on gum sensitivity.
- Two Tips. Come with two tips and a tip holder.
This unit’s main benefit is how it can easily be attached to shower heads, making it extremely convenient to use while saving bathroom counter top space.
Since the unit is placed in the shower, it’s essentially mess-free. To use the unit, you turn the valve on the irrigating pick, which diverts the water from the shower head to the device. You can divert all or some of the shower head water using the valve, allowing to use the unit when you are taking a shower, but also when you’re not.
The convenient placing means it can be used for other unique situations as well, such as shooting out water to clean the shower walls. One customer even notes using the ShowerBreeze to clean his dog’s teeth.
Some report that this unit has less water pressure power than traditional countertop units.
5. Philips Sonicare Airfloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser
- Removes up to 5x more plaque between teeth than manual tooth brushing alone
- Helps improve gum health in as little as 2 weeks
- Fill, point, and clean for an easy 30 second cleaning routine
- Safe and gentle on teeth and gums, and safe to use with implants, veneers, and orthodontics
- Can be used with mouthwash for a fresh clean
- Use Air and Water. The Philips Airfloss shoots a stream or air and micro droplets of water to clean your gums and teeth! The unit can also be filled with water or mouthwash to be used with the high-powered air blast.
- Auto-Burst Function. The auto-burst function gives you the option to release timed bursts for a quick and easy cleaning in just 30 seconds.
- Ergonomic Handle. Uses an easy-to-hold ergonomic handle with a slim, angled nozzle to easily reach all areas of your mouth.
- Guidance Tip. This unit’s guidance tip makes it easy to navigate tight spaces between your teeth. Simple guide the uniquely angled tip along your gum line until it fits into the groove between your teeth.
- Easy Fill Reservoir. The Philips AirFloss flosser uses an easy-to-fill reservoir that can be filled with water or mouthwash. The AirFloss produces less than a teaspoon of water per whole mouth cleaning routine, so you don’t need a large, annoying reservoir area.
- Safe and Gentle. The Philips AirFloss is safe and gentle on teeth. It is safe to use with implants, veneers, and orthodontics.
- Rechargeable Battery. This unit uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is designed to last for two weeks (or 14 uses) on a single charge. The battery light indicator will blink when it’s time to recharge the unit. As a bonus, the Philips AirFloss even fits standard Sonicare chargers, do you won’t need multiple chargers with Sonicare products.
Note: The Philips AirFloss is technically an air flosser rather than a water flosser, but we included it in this list as a consideration. To better understand the difference between them, see our guide on water flossers vs. air flossers.
While the AirFloss is very similar to the Waterpik and serves the same purpose, many find the AirFloss easier to use because it doesn’t require any kind of hose or continuos stream of water (which also usually makes it less messy and easier to control).
Some customers don’t find this item more beneficial (and in some cases, not nearly as effective) as a Waterpik (although the AirFlossers are much more expensive).
This completes our water flosser 2017 reviews. Feel free to share your experience with water flosser models and tell us your favorite in the comments section below.
Have you ever used a water flosser? Which kind is your favorite and what has your experience been like? Share in the comments!
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API